Having extensive experience in government operations, and a determined community service mindset, I have decided to run for Folsom City Council to further improve our Folsom Citizens overall life style. Most importantly I LOVE FOLSOM. I will work hard to earn your vote. Together, we will continue making FOLSOM a better place.
- Focus on COVID-19 response in our community
- Continue enhancing Public Safety
- Promote Sustainable Infrastructure
- Foster Job-Oriented Education
- Attract High Paying Jobs/ Support Small Businesses
- Emphasis on Homeless Challenges
- Improve Services through Technology
Focus on COVID-19 response in our community :
As a community, we need to be more ready than ever to handle this epidemic impact.
- I propose to establish an advisory committee to assist City Hall for fast-track decisions in response to the pandemic.
- I will put my best efforts to continue to look for every possible help from County, State, and Federal sources as well as any non-profit & profit companies that want to extend a helping hand during these challenging times.
Continue Enhancing Public Safety :
1. The Citizens Assisting Public Safety (CAPS) volunteer program. Increase the number of CAPS volunteers, train them, and utilize their services where needed, including schools.
2. Neighborhood Watch. Seek inputs from existing neighborhood groups and look for opportunities to make it more impactful.
3. Community Emergency Response Team (CERT). Look for opportunities to improve.
4. Establish a partnership between Folsom Police and residents (by identifying key locations of streets cross the City), who have surveillance cameras installed in their homes to report and record suspicious activities.
5. Partner with School administration for safety. Create a coalition group to enhance school safety by deploying more CAPS resources.
6. There are so many Folsom Citizens are teleworking from their home. Seek their help to participate in Public Safety Programs in coalition with Folsom PD.
I have many more ideas which can enhance our Public Safety at minimal cost to City.
Promote Sustainable Infrastructure :
It is important for City to proactively address some of the growing concerns because of growth south of I- 50, such as:
- Water supplies to new homes,
- Interim plan for growing admissions in schools,
- Increasing traffic congestion
- City’s Plan for Supply Water During Drought Conditions. We understand that our City has more water rights than required. What is our City’s plan to supply water for Folsom when there is little water in the Lake, such as during the drought we faced a few years ago?
- I believe the current City Council may have a plan to address the above concerns. It is essential that we frequently review the impact of the above matters and present them to residents regularly through various effective communication methods.
Foster Job-Oriented Education:
- In this age of the world, with technological advancement, we are losing the human touch and family/social values such as having more face to face conversations. Introduce a classroom-driven concept like “Rebuilding Family/Social Values.” This could be 5-minute instructions before the start of the classes to reaffirm the social values, especially in K-5 education.
- Identify and address the needs of mentally and socially struggling kids in our City in partnership with community-based organizations.
- By partnering with local businesses and faith-based organizations, extend sponsored or low-cost tutoring services, especially for high school kids during SAT, Collage Admission Process, and preparing them to excel in after high school education
Attract High Paying Jobs/Support Small Business:
I am sure Folsom Economic Development (FED) could be already approaching the Bay Area firms. My emphasis is for elected officials and City administrators to join the FED Corp and Greater Sacramento Economic Development Council. They can come from elected officials, including Assemblyman Evan Low, Chair, Business & Profession, our legislative representatives, local Sac County Supervisors, Mayors, Council Members, and Government Officials.
Businesses are leaving California due to the high cost of operations and, of course, high taxes too. Our region can help in lowering the high cost of operations. I am very optimistic, with consistent efforts, we can bring high paying jobs to our City in particular and in general to our region.
Obviously, it will give a huge boost to local small businesses. I am a firm believer that small businesses are critical to any community. I will work hard to understand the small business owners’ challenges and put sincere efforts to address them on a timely basis.
Emphasis on Homeless Challenges:
I understand we do have Navigator which helps us interact with the homeless population, assisting them to get the services. Also, Sacramento county is helping us with the Mobile Crisis Support Team to address the mentally unstable homeless population. The homeless problem will not go away unless we try to address the situation. In my opinion, City Hall has to take a little bit more active part of this matter. If I win the election with your vote, I will work with my colleagues to find a reasonable action plan to start working on our town homelessness.
In summary, I love Folsom and pledge to work hard every day to keep it the same place that we all love. Like me, Folsom residents take immense pride in public safety, schools, parks, trails, and more. My approach is to consistently invite and engage community input and represent you. I need your vote to get into Folsom City Council.